Saturday, December 3, 2011
When we finished we worked with city workers to make sure irrigation lines were in place. Then we gave all the new trees and shrubs a deep drink.
Southwest Monarch Study. We also tested each one for Ophryocystis elektroscirrha, O.e., a disease unique to monarch and queen butterflies. This will be sent to Monarch Health to be part of a national study.
Thank you to the 28 volunteers, the city staff at Rio Salado Habitat Restoration Area and the many people behind the scenes that are keeping a bit of wilderness alive in the greater Phoenix area.
Posted by Gail Morris at 7:25 AM